[vtkusers] Polydata and Texture modification

Leon Chen liming.leon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:35:18 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a Polydata which is a 3D mesh, and a bmp for the texture. I can
visualize them together, no problem. (use the SetTexture() of an
actor)

Now I have to change the geometry and topology of the mesh (move some
points, or remove some of them, or simplize them...), how can i
maintain the mapping between the mesh and texture?

Firstly, if the points are moved, how can i maintain the binding? I
think if there are some points gone, the problem will become more
complicated...

Some rough idea will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Leon