[vtkusers] Decimation Problem

Hxsham Fire hxsham at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 15:26:25 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am using VTK in my application.  I am creating a
vtkActor from the dataset.
The path is vtkDataset ->vtkContourFilter
->vtkDecimatePro->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkActor...
I had a series of crashes that were not consistent and
were silent, I was not able to figure out what it was
until I removed the decimation step, and got rid of
the crashes... what caused me most trouble is that the
decimation step would fail and crash instead of
failing gracefully without crashing...
Has anyone encountered that problem and has some
explanation?
Thank you
Hxsham