[vtkusers] Linking problem under Linux

Jean-Marie Normand jean-marie.normand at univ-nantes.fr
Mon Jul 25 08:24:34 EDT 2005

Hi,
for the purpose of compiling a library  (nothing to do with VTK) I've
been obliged to update my libstc++ libraries. Since this moment I'm
constantly having some linking problems with VTK.
I've recompiled VTK but I still have a lot of problems of undefined
references e.g.
/usr/bin/../lib/libvtkImaging.so: référence indéfinie vers «
vtkImageProgressIterator<unsigned
char>::vtkImageProgressIterator[in-charge](vtkImageData*, int*,
vtkProcessObject*, int) »

usr/local/lib/vtk/libvtkRendering.so: référence indéfinie vers «
FTC_Manager_LookupFace »

/usr/bin/../lib/libvtkIO.so: référence indéfinie vers «
vtkProcessObject::SortInputsByLocality() »

Thoses undefined references exists for libvtkImaging, libvtkIO
libvtkRendering, etc. The problem is I don't know how to get rid of
those errors.

My system is Debian unstable with gcc 3.3.6.
Thanks in advance

Jim