[vtkusers] wglCreateContext failed in CreateAWindow(), error: 0

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 07:23:21 EDT 2005

Hi again Ingo,

I was trying the MFC sample and it produced the errors - the drivers
on that particular machine must have been really out of date because
no opengl apps were running! After I updated the drivers everything
worked fine. This was an nvidia fx go 5200 board.

I wonder then, is there any VTK function, or opengl function I can use
at application startup to see if the user's drivers are up to date /
their graphics board is comaptible and prompt them right away if there
is a problem, rather than the vtk debugger window giving them the bad
news?

Thanks!
Mark