[vtkusers] wglCreateContext failed in CreateAWindow(), error: 0

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:13:54 EDT 2005

I'm having more problems with the MFC sample application on a single
user's machine. As soon as I try creating a render view I start
getting this message in the debugger:

ERROR: In .\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 824
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (02FA7E60): wglCreateContext failed in
CreateAWindow(), error: 0

And nothing can be drawn. Now earlier I had another wgl error with the
sample on some machines with ATI cards, but explicitly calling
Finalize() on the render window when the window closed cured that
problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark