[vtkusers] Scale bar question

Paul Tait - OPES Paul at opes.com.au
Wed Jul 20 23:17:50 EDT 2005

My users have requested a scalebar so they can eyeball distances between
objects. Is there an easier way of doing this than creating a 3D
rectangle, placing it at the edge of the viewport on top of all objects.
Of couse I'll have to resize it as they zoom in and out and keep it in
the same place relative to viewport.
Or
I'm using a vtkAxes object. Has anyone added the ability to show tick
marks on vtkAxes. Is wrapped in a tube of course just to make it easy
;-)
Or
The third way I haven't even thought of

Thanks Paul Tait