[vtkusers] Offscreen Rendering with Windows

Rene Tschirley pooh at lava.cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 20 16:27:28 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Did anybody try to use offscreen rendering on the Windows OS? As far as I
understand earlier discussions, there is the way to do offscreen
rendering using the Mesa subsystem on the *nix platform as well as a
virtual framebuffer.

I'm curious if there is a significant chance to let VTK render images
which I can then use in my Java application. This has to be as
platform-independent as possible (a compiled VTK-JAR for each target
platform would be bad enough for my project), so I don't even want to use
Cygwin.

Yours,
René

--