[vtkusers] Compilation problem

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jul 19 07:08:03 EDT 2005

Did you set the OPENGL_* variables appropriately for Mesa when you ran
ccmake to configure?
Did you build Mesa yourself or did it come with your Linux?

Something along these lines should end up in your CMakeCache.txt when
using Mesa:
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/home/david/Mesa-6.2.1/include
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/home/david/Mesa-6.2.1/lib/libGL.so
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/home/david/Mesa-6.2.1/lib/libGLU.so
OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/home/david/Mesa-6.2.1/include

I'm not a Linux expert, so I can't speak to specifics, but you should be
able to build VTK with or without Mesa and get it work... Perhaps
somebody else will chime in with some more hints if this doesn't do the
trick...

HTH,
David