[vtkusers] vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper fix from yesterday

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:31:50 EDT 2005

The fix from yesterday afternoon fixed my 45-degree volume rendering error.
But it's introduced a strange new quirk.

When rays are perfectly parallel to an axis aligned plane (eg: the planes of
the dataset are parallel to the viewing direction), I get black. So as the
volume rotates, you can see "between" the slices as each coordinate plane
comes parallel to the viewing direction. it never did this before, and i'm
pretty sure it's not supposed to be doing it now. My dataset is a Structured
Points dataset. I thought that "between" the points would simply be
interpolated or Nearest Neighbored (depending on the mapper configuration)
to fill in between them.

any ideas?

--
Randall Hand