[vtkusers] Non-square pixels and SetPixelAspect()

tom fogal tfogal at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Tue Jul 5 14:28:11 EDT 2005

 <000001c5818c$ff3587f0$314b2f50 at pacsys4>"John Platt" writes:
>Maybe it's because I'm an engineer but I expected a square in world
>coordinates to be displayed as a square on my monitor.

if you're using a perspective viewing transformation and the square is
not in a single plane, you will get this behavior.

Perhaps VTK can be configured to give you a parallel projection. If
you're using it to display some type of blueprint / map in which exact
sizes matter, this is probably what you want.

See "Projection and Clipping":

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~cs770/notes/lectures.html

HTH,

-tom