[vtkusers] Tiger support broken?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 4 10:58:39 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-04 09:47, Sensei said:

>> VTK using Cocoa is working well for me.  What do you mean you
>> 'can't get
>> window focus'?  I assume that you have VTK built... do the test
>> apps work?
>
>I'm recompiling VTK with cocoa. Carbon seems broken.

For me they both compile, but I have never actually RUN the Carbon versions.

>I said I cannot get window focuses on vtk windows... and the tutorial
>do compile of course, but don't run fine: no focus on window. Let's
>see Carbon :)

I think I understand what you mean, and I suspect you will see the same
problem with the Cocoa versions, please let us know.

Basically, the vtk test applications all have a serious design flaw (on
Mac OS anyway).  See:
<http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2005/1/20/126215>

I suggest you start here, and NOT the vtk test apps:
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/02/11/dev_osx.html>
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/28/data_visualization.html>

Good luck!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com