[vtkusers] vtk and VRML animation

Thomas Citriniti citrit at rpi.edu
Sun Jul 3 11:45:14 EDT 2005

The VRML importer does not support any of the animation or scripting nodes.
This would require a script interpreter engine and these tend to be platform
specific.

You can use the DEF attribute to get a pointer specific instances of nodes
in the VRML scene graph and then use these pointers to manipulate the Vtk
classes defined for each node. You have to check the type before casting it
to the appropriate type. Use the VRML Importers get object method to return
the named object as a vtkObject pointer, then check the type prior to
casting.

Tom C.