[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader

Marcio Antonio Mathias marcio_mathias at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 18:12:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am looking for information about the use (and the
existent limitations)of vtkDICOMImageReader.
The VisualizationTollkit 3rd. and VTK User's Guide do
not contain any mention of this class.
A try to create a volume using two DICOM files set. In
one it was successful, but I was unable to retrieve
the patient name, number of files or any other
information abut this DICOM set. In a second DICOM
files set an error was generated every time pipeline
was executed. But for any reason I was able o retrieve
individual file information as patient name, etc. In
the first set the files does not contain any extention
but the second one files are ".dcm" type.
Up to now the only information about DICOM is the VTK
API.
Is there aditional documentation for this class
available?

/Marcio.

Marcio Antonio Mathias <marcio_mathias at yahoo.com>
Registered Linux user number 248543