[vtkusers] vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter problem

reyes mauricio mreyesa at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:36:57 EST 2005

Hi VTK Users,

    I'm using vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter to manipulate individually (via
setGlyphMethod) scaling and orientation of spheres.

   I cannot make the filter to work, it only gives me one single sphere as
output

  ( vtkGlyph3D works well wit the input data I pass. It copy the sphere at
different positions, but I need to scale them and orient them differently )

Thanks in advance,
   Mauricio

this is part of my code:

// ********* part of code ************

    vtkSphereSource *sphere=vtkSphereSource::New();
    vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter *pfilter=vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter::New();
    pfilter->SetSource(sphere->GetOutput());
    pfilter->SetInput(pd);       <-------- pd (vtkPolyData)
    pfilter->SetGlyphMethod(func,(void *)pfilter);

   vtkPolyDataMapper *glyphMapper=vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
   glyphMapper->SetInput(pfilter->GetOutput());

   vtkActor *glyphActor=vtkActor::New();
   glyphActor->SetMapper(glyphMapper);

for the moment the function passed to SetGlyphMethod just scales:

void static func(void *arg)
{
   vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter *pfilter=(vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter*)arg;

  //float point[3];
  //pfilter->GetPoint(point);

  vtkTransform *tr=vtkTransform::New();
   tr->Scale(4,1,1); // testing

   vtkTransformPolyDataFilter *pdf=vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
   pdf->SetInput(pfilter->GetSource());
   pdf->SetTransform(tr);

   tr->Delete();
   pdf->Delete();