[vtkusers] Re: Problem with loading cone.cxx

McCoy j.mccoy at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 13:01:27 EST 2005

vrvo> Hi,
vrvo> I have the following problem when i run the file cone.cxx
vrvo> in the vtk package "vtk-src-windows\examples\tutorial\step1\cxx"
vrvo> I am using Microsoft visual studio C++6.0
vrvo> vtk4.2 (.exe file downloaded from the web)
vrvo> windows Xp
vrvo> I have configure the build process with Win32 Release
vrvo> I have link all the vtk*.lib files into setting with
vrvo> others .lib files which have already included.
vrvo> The library files whih are included in the link are as follow:
vrvo> kernem3.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib inspool.lib comdlg32.lib
vrvo> advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
vrvo> odbc32.lib odbccp.lib vtkCommon.lib vtkFiltering.lib
vrvo> vtkGraphics.lib vtkHybrid.lib vtkImaging.lib vtkIO.lib
vrvo> vtkpng.lib vtkjepg.lib vtkParallel.lib vtkRendering.lib
vrvo> vtkzlib.lib
vrvo> Errors is found as follow:

vrvo> Unhandled exception in CONE.exe:
vrvo> 0xC0000005 Access Violation

vrvo> specific error:
vrvo> 00401105  call   dword ptr [edx+8]
vrvo> this    CXX0017: Error: symbol "this" not found

vrvo> Has anyone else had this problem before ... any
vrvo> suggestions? ... I did not find anything in MS Knowledgebase
vrvo> Thank for reading

hi,

just let cmake (www.cmake.org) do all the linking stuff. your vtk- and
ms vc++- drectories should be discovered automatical.

--
Best regards,
 McCoy                            mailto:j.mccoy at gmx.de