[vtkusers] vtk-itk linking conflicts

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 27 11:32:48 EST 2005

Nacho Larrabide wrote:

>    I'm trying to compile the latest version of Vtk and Itk but I have
>    a linking error with repeated libraries.

Latest release or latest CVS versions?  Please specify the release
version number or the approximate data of CVS checkout.

> itkpng.lib(png.obj) : error LNK2005: _png_pass_dsp_mask already defined in vtkpng.lib(png.obj)

This is a known problem and has been fixed in the CVS versions of both.
  A solution for the versions you have is to turn on VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG
and VTK_USE_SYSTEM_TIFF.  Then point the CMake variables that ask for
the include path and libraries for png and tiff at the ITK versions.

-Brad