[vtkusers] Re: Change color of axes

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Jan 20 17:45:08 EST 2005

Hi
You might find it easier to do it this way (and maybe vtkAxes should be
changed to do it this way...)

# Get rid of the point scalars
[[axes GetOutput] GetPointData] SetScalars ""

# Set up and use some cell scalars... can use RGB values
vtkUnsignedCharArray colors
colors SetNumberOfComponents 3
colors SetNumberOfTuples 3
#to set the x axes to red (rgb = 255 0 0)
colors SetTuple3 0 255 0 0
#to set the y axis to yellow (rgb = 255 255 0)
colors SetTuple3 1 255 255 0
#to set the z axis to green (rgb = 0 255 0)
colors SetTuple3 2 0 255 0
[[axes GetOutput] GetCellsData] SetScalars colors

If the Java color chooser gives you 3 numbers between 0 and 1, multiply them
by 255 to get the correct values for the "colors" array.

hth

Goodwin