[vtkusers] stereo problems

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu Jan 20 17:08:59 EST 2005

class LinkCameraCommand : public vtkCommand
{
  public:
    vtkTypeMacro(LinkCameraCommand, vtkCommand)
    static LinkCameraCommand* New() { return new LinkCameraCommand; }
    void SetCamera(vtkCamera* cam)
    {
      mTargetCamera = cam;
    }
  protected:
    void Execute(vtkObject*,long unsigned int,void*);
    vtkCamera* mTargetCamera;
};

void LinkCameraCommand::Execute(vtkObject* source_camera,long unsigned
int, void*)
{
  vtkCamera *p_source_camera=(vtkCamera*)source_camera;
  mTargetCamera->SetPosition(p_source_camera->GetPosition());
  mTargetCamera->SetFocalPoint(p_source_camera->GetFocalPoint());
  mTargetCamera->SetViewUp(p_source_camera->GetViewUp());
  mTargetCamera->SetClippingRange(p_source_camera->GetClippingRange());
  mTargetCamera->SetParallelScale(p_source_camera->GetParallelScale());
  mTargetCamera->ComputeViewPlaneNormal();
}

Then in your code do something like this...

    LinkCameraCommand* link_cam = LinkCameraCommand::New();
    link_cam->SetCamera(mRightOverlayRenderer->GetActiveCamera());

mRightRenderer->GetActiveCamera()->AddObserver(vtkCommand::ModifiedEvent,
link_cam, 0);
    link_cam->Delete();

Then if you interact with one camera, the other will follow.

Clint

Message: 10