[vtkusers] How to get the render window image when the window is too big?

Cong Zhang winderzc at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 11:39:19 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to save a rendered window as BMP image file. I use the following codes:
  vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
  renWin->Render();
  vtkWindowToImageFilter *ImageFilter  = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
  ImageFilter->SetInput(renWin);
  vtkBMPWriter *bmpWriter = vtkBMPWriter::New();
  bmpWriter->SetFileName("a.bmp");
  bmpWriter->SetInput(ImageFilter->GetOutput());
  bmpWriter->Write();

And I need to set the image size (in pixel form), which could be done by setting window size, using the code, i.e.:
  renWin->SetSize(width,height);

If  the width and height are smaller than the screen size, it works well. WHILE if NOT, the saved image size is truncated.such as, if I set width=996, height=1320, and my screen is too small to display the rendered window in one page. When I access the saved image, its size is 996*793; if I set width=498, height=660,  the image size is 496*660.

Is there anybody know how to solve this BIG window problem?! Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
chong