[vtkusers] Re: vtkAxisActor2D

Klaus Allmendinger klaus at innovate-tech.com
Thu Jan 13 15:39:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using the vtk 4.2 distribution on Win-XP. I found a possible little
issue on  vtkAxisActor2D.
If I set the axis range with ->SetRange(0.5,1.523) for 4 Ticks and 'nice'
value distribution, the axis ticks are marked 0.0, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0. The 'end'
of the axis is marked 2.0 instead of the 1.5 tick mark being close to the
end. This means of course that the tick-marks don't line up with the data
values anymore.
I assumed from the docs that the SetRange() call  is used to tell
vtkAxisActor2D the equivalent data range along its length.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Klaus