[vtkusers] Help this newbie-guinea pig

Eckhoff, Michael A EckhoffM at NAVO.NAVY.MIL
Wed Jan 12 17:08:46 EST 2005

Wow,

VTK looks great, and I just installed it on my suse-linux 9.1.

But how do I run the examples?
For example, I type (at the prompt) finance -- to run the example
VTK/Examples/Modelling/Cxx/finance.cxx -- as instructed in the README.html,
but I get bash: finance: command not found.

My path is set to include VTK/bin, where VTK is what you'd think.
I did set BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON

Also, my CMakeError.log contains errors regarding
1) cannot find -lpthreads
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

2) strstream.h: No such file or directory

Anyone care to respond?

PS
Does VTK have any interactive graphics capabilities, like for
CAD-type 2D grid generation?

Thanks,
Mike Eckhoff