[vtkusers] Re: Bug 1056

Dr. Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 05:30:22 EST 2005

Dear Luis, dear Mathieu,

after my holiday I did set up a new linux system and compiled the cvs version
of ITK to check the interpretation of the DICOM pixel size tags.

It did work correctly with the DICOM and GDCM readers. Many thanks for your
work!! (For GDCM I did have to copy gdcmConfigure.h to src/gdcmConfigure.h in
my include directory.)

I saw a discussion about FDA approval in connection with the bug and I believe
that image angulations would have to be taken into account in that case (like
I do know it from VTK).

Thanks again

Uwe

Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2004 14:35 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Uwe,
>
> Thanks for trying the changes and letting us know about the
> order of the spacing.
>
> Following your indications we just committed a change to
> the CVS repository. The pixel spacing along X and Y should
> now be in the correct order.
>
> Please give it a try and let us know if it is working fine now,
> this is one of those changes that may seem inocuous but
> actually can have quite dangerous consequences. (e.g. when
> the images are used for treatement planning).
>

>   Regards
>

>        Luis

 |  Dr. Uwe Köhler              MR - Physics                       |
 |                              German Heart Institute Berlin      |
 |                              Augustenburger Platz 1             |
 |                              D - 13353 Berlin                   |
 |          ////                Germany                            |
 |         (@ @)                Phone: +49 172 98 11 598           |
 | <URL:http://www.ed.ac.uk/~ukoehler>   <mailto:UKoehler at dhzb.de> |