[vtkusers] homogenizing vector fields on strongly refined grids

Thomas Dunne thomas.dunne at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 5 18:40:30 EST 2005

Hello,

I work with results/grids that are locally refined, sometimes very
much. When viewing the vector field with hedgehogs this becomes
troublesome, since there are very dense fields of hedgehogs where there
is much local refinement.

I would like to spread a selected number of hedgehogs evenly in the domain
regardless of the underlying grid.

I have thought of using the cutter with a plane, but wouldn't that just
result in the same points/lines/cells again?

Does anyone know how to do this?
Suggestions, keywords or examples will be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
 tom