[vtkusers] some problem about vertex texture in .OBJ file

Cong Zhang winderzc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 04:36:29 EST 2005

Hello all,

We're generating a .obj file with texture vertices (vt) in the .obj file. We want to load this data into VTK, do operations such as transformation and projection, then write out a new OBJ file with the new coordinates and fixed texture coordinates. I can do the load (vtkOBJReader) and display the model with texture, but can not get the texture coordinates and relate them to the loaded vetices, furthermore, the (vt) entries and the face indeices get lost and don't appear in the output file.

Does anybody have some suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
chong