[vtkusers] Re: again Stencil Buffer

Ingmar Wegner i.wegner at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 3 10:21:42 EST 2005

Hi to all,
to answer my question:

My problem was, that I disregarded, that we also use QT as a GUI besides
VTK and ITK.
The default initialization of QGLWidget is without stencil buffer.
So with setting the right flag in QGLWidget and the overwritten
'SetupPixelFormat'- method from vtkRenderWindow the stencil buffer
should be available.

In SetupPixelFormat I  check the amount of stencil bits available through::

//check how much bits the stencil buffer supports
  GLint stencilBits = -1;
  glGetIntegerv(GL_STENCIL_BITS, &stencilBits);

  PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd = {
    sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR),  //gc size
    1,                              //gc version
    dwFlags         ,               //gc support double-buffering
    PFD_TYPE_RGBA,                  //gc color type
    bpp,                            //gc prefered color depth
    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,               //gc color bits (ignored)
    0,                              //gc no alpha buffer
    0,                              //gc alpha bits (ignored)
    0,                              //gc no accumulation buffer
    0, 0, 0, 0,                     //gc accum bits (ignored)
    zbpp,                           //gc depth buffer
    stencilBits,                    //gc stencil buffer enabled!!!
    0,                              //gc no auxiliary buffers
    PFD_MAIN_PLANE,                 //gc main layer
    0,                              //gc reserved
    0, 0, 0,                        //gc no layer, visible, damage masks
  };

Then the stencil buffer is also configured the right way in VTK.

Regards,
Ingmar

--
-------
Dipl.-Inform. Med. Ingmar Wegner    Tel.: (+49) 6221/42-3543
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280             mailto:I.Wegner at dkfz.de
D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany      http://mbi.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Homepage: http://mbi.dkfz-heidelberg.de/mbi/people/ingmar.html
-------