[vtkusers] Compiling VTK on SGI Irix with CCMipsPro

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Feb 28 20:01:48 EST 2005

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:24:33 -0600
> From: Randall Hand <randall.hand at gmail.com>
> Subject: [vtkusers] Compiling VTK on SGI Irix with CCMipsPro
> To: VTK Users <vtkusers at vtk.org>
>
> I've realized that most of the problems I've had with VTK up to this
> point have been due to an old/buggy version of gcc, so I've switched
> back to our CCMipspro compiler, but I can't get VTK to compile with
> it.

[snip]

> /viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMFile.cxx
> -o DICOMFile.o
> C++ prelinker: get_pid_from_pipe(): job control table corrupted
> gmake[5]: ***
> [/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/bin/libvtkDICOMParser.a]
> Error 2
> gmake[5]: Leaving directory
> `/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser'
> gmake[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
> gmake[4]: Leaving directory
> `/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/Utilities/DICOMParser'
> gmake[3]: *** [default_target_DICOMParser] Error 2
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> `/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/Utilities'
> gmake[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/Utilities'
> gmake[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK'
> gmake: *** [default_target] Error 2
>
> As you can see, I've added the following flags via cmake: -O -g -n32
> -LANG:std -r8000
> Has anyone gotten VTK to compile with CCMipsPro? (I see it on the
> Dashboard, so somebody must have).  We're using MIPSpro Compilers:
> Version 7.3.1.3m

I've built it too with 7.4.2m.
I didn't use any -r option though.
How did you add the flags to CMake?
Or did you actually just set the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE which in turn takes care of
-O -g and flags like that?
Is your -LANG:std consistent with your VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB flag?  Newer
versions of the compiler do -LANG:std by default.
An idea for you is that I've seen weird compling errors when the compiler
wasn't patched correctly.

Clint