[vtkusers] stereoskopic view with two projectors

Lachlan Hurst lachlan at vpac.org
Sun Feb 27 19:25:49 EST 2005

Hi,
Must say, i'm not 100% on the details of your system, but to run vtk with
SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes you must have a display system capable of
refreshing at close to 120Hz (not sure on exact frequency).  The simple
example is to have a single monitor and suitable graphics card that supports
stereo and a fast refresh rate (you will also need active stereo glasses).
The method used for polarized projectors involves an external "frame
splitter" - whereby the graphics card outputs at 120Hz and the frame
splitter redirects every second frame to the other projector (splitter has
one video in two video out).
An alternative method of stereo for polarized projectors only is as follows.
Do not clone the displays, create a vtk render window on each display and
simply set one renderer to left eye, and the other to right eye.

Good luck,
Lachlan