[vtkusers] VTK stops rendering during animation after interaction

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Fri Feb 25 05:41:53 EST 2005

On Friday, 25 February 2005 6:38 PM
Pietro Cerveri [pietro.cerveri at biomed.polimi.it] wrote

> I implemented a multithreading application for managing
> mouse interaction during animation but the application
> stops rendering or comes out with error when interacting
> with the mouse (rotating the camera).

Need to be careful when more than one thread attempts to touch the graphics pipeline.  Can you describe what your threads are attempting to do?  What works for me is to have those threads which create (or change) data send a message to the window managing the Vtk pipeline, then allow that window to update itself in a predictable way.

Nigel