[vtkusers] Please help to solve the problem on Picking a point on surface

yfl at doc.ic.ac.uk yfl at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 16:43:39 EST 2005

I try to pick a point on the surface. In vtk4.2, the action of picking is
invoked by SetEndPickMethod() of vtkRenderWindowInteractor. But now I have
upgraded to vtk4.4. Instead of using SetEndPickMethod(, what function I should
call to invoke the picking?

vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
vtkPointPicker *mouse_picker = vtkPointPicker::New();

mouse_picker->SetTolerance(0.01);
iren->SetPicker(mouse_picker);
renWin->Render();
iren->SetEndPickMethod(pickPoint,(void *)iren);
iren->Start();

Thanks a lot.
Krista