[vtkusers] Merging overlapping data sets

Sunil Suram sunils at iastate.edu
Mon Feb 21 13:31:14 EST 2005

Hi,
I am new to VTK and I am looking for some help to try and figure this out.
I am trying to merge two overlapping data sets. Each data set has slightly
different scalars and vectors in the overlapping region( from experimental
runs, that overlap each other ). I have tried using
vtkExtractUnstructuredGrid, and switching on Merging, but I still see
artifacts. I would like to know if there is some way of merging these data
sets and getting rid of the artifacts. I should also mention that the grids
in the data sets exactly match each other in the overlapping region.
I understand that merging the data sets would change the scalars and
vectors in the overlap region in some way ( maybe undesired) , but that is
OK for now, since I am right now interested in viewing the data.
Any help in solving this problem will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sunil