[vtkusers] VTK 4.4 don't build vtk.jar file?

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 17 02:21:14 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:49:55AM -0500, Brad King wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> >My conclusion is that nobody is using VTK 4.4 with java.
> >
> >See http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-January/078170.html
>
> I just looked back through the CVS log.  It seems that the
> IF(BOGO)/ENDIF(BOGO) was an accidental checkin that happend to be
> present when 4.4 was branched.  The immediately following checkin
> removes the lines.  Just remove these lines from
> VTK/Wrapping/Java/CMakeLists.txt and rebuild to get the jar file.

I should have mentioned in my postings that I had tried removing the
two BOGO lines.  The result is:

    CMake Error: Attempt to add a custom rule to an output that already has a custom rule. For
     output: /usr/local/src/visualization/VTK/java/vtk/vtkTesting.class

> I'll get this fixed on the 4.4 branch.

I'm sure that would be appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestion to look through the CVS log.  I see that
VTK 4.4 ships revision 1.30 of Wrapping/Java/CMakeLists.txt.  I tried
each subsequent revision of that file with 4.4 but failed each time in
a different manner:

rev 1.31: CMake Error: Attempt to add a custom rule to an output that already has a custom rule. For output: /usr/local/src/visualization/VTK/java/vtk/vtkTesting.class

rev 1.32: make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/src/visualization/VTK/Wrapping/Java/vtk/vtkTesting2.java

rev 1.33: CMake Error: File /usr/local/src/visualization/VTK/Wrapping/Java/vtkBuildAllDriver.java.in does not exist.

rev 1.34: CMake Error: File /usr/local/src/visualization/VTK/Wrapping/Java/vtkBuildAllDriver.java.in does not exist.

-Steve