[vtkusers] : linking problem

hesham hesham at uni-paderborn.de
Sat Feb 5 02:37:15 EST 2005

Hi  ,
I hope every thing going ok with you , today I made what you told me
yesterday, i downloaded vtk4qt3 package from the internet:
http://www.matthias-koenig.net/vtkqt/  and i took the example code and
included in my code but I have linking error:

vtkqt.cpp

Linking...

vtkqt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkQtRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkQtRenderWindow::New(void)"
(?New at vtkQtRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ)

Debug/vtkqt.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Error executing link.exe.

vtkqt.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I sent to vtkuser at vtk.org email and told them that I have this linking
error
The replayed today and told me Im not linking in the library files for
vtk4qt3.i tried to look in the internet too to find solution for this
problem and I found many people have the same problem and there are some
new packages in the internet like :
http://wwwipr.ira.uka.de/~kuebler/vtkqt/index.html

But in this packages there are no vtkqtrenderwindow and
vtkqtrenderwindowinteractor classes instead, vtkQGLrenderwindow and
vtkQGlwindowinteractor
I'm sorry again to ask so much but am not asking you to write code for
me but only help me to find my way to make the things working.

Hesham EL MOrsy