[vtkusers] VTK 4.4 don't build vtk.jar file?

David Marshburn marshbur at cs.unc.edu
Wed Feb 16 14:40:22 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 vtkusers-request at vtk.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:41:04 -0500
> From: "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins at videotron.ca>
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] VTK 4.4 don't build vtk.jar file?
>
> I dunno.  My conclusion is that nobody is using VTK 4.4 with
> java.
>
> See http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-January/078170.html

my group uses the java-wrapped version of vtk 4.4.  yes, i noticed that
the jar file isn't created.  it was sufficiently easy to jar the files up
myself that i never bothered to look into why the build process wasn't
doing it.

in ...\VTK\bin\java\vtk, i execute "javac *.java"
then in ...\VTK\bin\java, i execute "jar -cvf vtk.jar vtk"

we do more development with vtk than on vtk, so this was a rare operation.

to be honest, steve, i saw your message and thought, "yep, that's a known
bug."  sorry if the lack of response left you thinking no one was using
vtk44 w/java.

cheers,
-david