[vtkusers] Re: VTK 4.4 don't build vtk.jar file?

Steve Joyce Steve.Joyce at sercoassurance.com
Wed Feb 16 10:59:11 EST 2005

Hi,

Building VTK with Java wrapping seems to build the C++ Java wrapper
files but doesn't build the class or jar files.
You have to do that yourself.
Instructions on how to do it can be found in the section "Build the
JAR" at:
http://www.duke.edu/~iwd/howto/VTK-Linux-Java_HOWTO.html
Although this is for a Linux platform, the Java commands apply to
Windows too if you replace / with \.
It is also worth including the vtkPanel and vtkCanvas classes in your
jar file too which are located separately.

Regards,
Steve

> Hi together!
>
> I would upgrade my vtk4.2 package to vtk4.4. So I've rebuild vtk with

> the vtk4.4-latest-release and Cmake.
> I've set VTK_WRAPJAVA in Cmake to ON and it configured without any
> error.After that I compiled it with MSVisualStudio6.0.
> But I didn't get the vtk.jar file. What's wrong??

> I dunno.  My conclusion is that nobody is using VTK 4.4 with
> java.

> See
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-January/078170.html

****Disclaimer***********
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged material; it  is for the intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free from viruses.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the originator and do not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Serco Group plc.  Registered in England and Wales.  No: 2048608
Registered Office:  Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY, United Kingdom.
****End Disclaimer*******
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>