[vtkusers] VTK in a c++ GUI

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Tue Feb 15 04:43:32 EST 2005

Hi Lachlan,

If you like native threading, native widgets, and C++ STL with your crossplatform GUI, wx has become a very interesting alternative to qt, mfc, tcl, python, etc:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/wxVTK/

Nigel

> Good Morning all,
>
> I have had a look through the forum but to no avail so heres
> my problem,
>
> i want to be able to embed a vtkrenderwindow inside a normal
> c++ GUI. basically i want to be able to have buttons, text
> boxes in the gui etc.. as well as a nice visualisation window
> on the same form.
>
> I am currently developing on mac os x but if people have done
> this with windows or linux id love some pointers.
>
> thanks
>
> Lachlan Blackhall

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that
any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and notify the sender.
Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport. Visit www.ausport.gov.au