[vtkusers] Polydata cell connectivity list

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Tue Feb 8 15:59:03 EST 2005

Hi Wesley,
   As suggested by Amy vtkCleanPolyData will tidy up coincident points.
If you are constructing the vtk data set you could also use
vtkMergePoints->InsertUniquePoint to have vtk handle re-using existing
points for you.  It gives you back a point id (possibly new or existing).
Call this for each point in a new cell to build a list of point id's and
then use these to add a new cell to your polydata. This is a 'fast' type of
vtkPointLocator, but I dont know if it is any faster than just cleaning up
later?!
Its a very hot summer day in this part of the world, a pint sounds like a
great idea... but it is now 10am, so a cuppa will have to do
   Dave P