[vtkusers] Re: How to fit image size to rendering window?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Feb 2 11:16:10 EST 2005

Hi Pierre-Jean,

This was answered a couple of weeks ago:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-January/077988.html

hth

Goodwin

"Pierre-Jean Boulianne" <pier_jan at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BAY103-F3110E3CFBD8BDA21A73301FB7E0 at phx.gbl...
Hi, I want to know how to fit a rendered image to the size of the
renderwindow?

vtkImageActor *actor = vtkImageActor::New();
actor->SetInput(bmpReader->GetOutput());

vtkRenderer *renderer = vtkRenderer::New();
 renderer->AddActor(actor);

vtkRenderWindow *renderWindow = vtkRenderWindow::New();
renderWindow->AddRenderer(renderer);
int extent[6];
bmpReader->GetDataExtent(extent);
renderWindow->SetSize(extent[1], extent[3]); ??? The displayed image is
always smaller than the window...

How can I display the rendering window for a long time without an
interactor? Is it possible?

Thanks a lot.

Pierre-Jean