[vtkusers] Documentation of Tcl interface

HIRAKI Hideaki hhiraki at lab.nig.ac.jp
Wed Feb 2 02:22:17 EST 2005

At Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:52:12 +1100, Erin McKay wrote:
> > The methods not available from Tcl are put between "//BTX" and "//ETX"
> > in header files.
> >

> My headers don't seem to follow this rule. I checked the headers for
> vtkFloatArray and vtkCharArray (VTK 4.4.2). According to the above,
> both should supply the SetArray method to the Tcl interface. But this
> command is only available for vtkCharArray in my build (on OSX 10.3).
> Is there something else going on here?
>
> erin

As the first argument type of vtkFloatArray::SetArray is "float*",
this method cannot be wrapped. As the type in vtkCharArray is "char *",
that happens to be same as a string, the method can be wrapped.
It's because "everything is a string" in Tcl.

Recent Tcl (later than 8.0?) supports binary data other than strings.
But, as far as I know, VTK's wrapper doesn't utilize the new feature.

Hideaki Hiraki