[vtkusers] vtkDecimate / vtk5.0

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:42:39 EST 2005

On Dec 26, 2005, at 11:11 AM, Corrie Allen, Ph.D. wrote:

>  I just loaded vtk 5.0 and can no longer find vtkDecimate.  A note
> on the list a few months ago asked about it's fate without any
> apparent answer.  Is vtkDecimate still available?  Thanks.
> Corrie

Corrie,
  It got moved out of the "patented" folder into somewhere else but I
could never find it. I ended up getting the source from the 4.4
distribution and updating it to work with the 5.x distribution. I
think the patents ran out on it so it can be used freely now although
I would double check with Kitware on that.

Mike Jackson
imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com