[vtkusers] Writing a JPEG from vtkActor

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Dec 20 10:07:09 EST 2005

Try using vtkImageShiftScale instead.  Do something like the following.

double range[2];
grid->GetCellData()->GetScalars("abc")->GetScalarRange(range);

vtkImageShiftScale *iss = vtkImageShiftScale::New();
iss->SetInput(grid);
iss->SetOutputScalarTypeToUnsignedChar();
iss->SetShift(-range[0]);
iss->SetScale((range[1] - range[0]) / 256.0);

Are you sure that the data in your grid (a vtkImageData, I assume) is
in cell data? It's usually in point data.

- Amy