[vtkusers] Installing Vtk in Borland

Luca Picello luca.picello at libero.it
Thu Dec 15 18:54:56 EST 2005

follow this on a clean pc with cbuilder:
- compile vtk as dynamic lib (generate dlls) to c:\renatovtk
- open cbuilder. go to menu Component->Install packages.. and remove all
vtkBorlandRenderWindow you may have.
- close cbuilder
- goto C:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Projects and delete all
vtkBorlandRenderWindow* files you may have
- now you should have a clean cbuilder. start it again and open the
project
vtk\examples\gui\win32\vtkborland\package\vtkBorlandRenderWindowPkg.bpk
- change include and library paths in
Project->Options->Directory/Conditionals (STRICT is already defined here)
- remove all .lib you have in the View->Project Manager and add them
again from the right folder (c:\renatovtk\bin)
- compile and install the package

if at the beginning you compile vtk to c:\bin there is nothing to modify
in the package project.

this procedure is garanteed for vtk4.2/4.4 with cbuilder6 and bds2006
have fun

Luca