[vtkusers] Vector Drawing

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Dec 14 13:27:29 EST 2005

Please look specifically at the ProbeWithPointWidget.tcl example in
VTK/Examples/GUI/Tcl. After running the script, press the "i" key to
begin interaction. In the example, "point" is a vtkPolyData which is
passed as input to a vtkProbeFilter, which is then passed to
SetInputConnection on the vtkGlyph3D.

For a single vector vtkPolyData, you should be able simply to construct
one and then add a single point to it. (I would analyze the output of
the vtkProbeFilter to see what else might be present if that simple
suggestion doesn't produce your expected results.)

Please keep further replies "on list" so that anybody else who has time
to chime in is able to...

Thanks,
David Cole