[vtkusers] Vertex data in polydata

Eugene Kim eugene at salk.edu
Mon Dec 12 16:01:02 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

 	I've been looking for a way to grab attribute data other than your
basic cells from vtkPolyData.  Using the regular methods, I cannot pull
out any of the data that is supposedly there, namely vertex data ( and
others ).
 	I know I can pry the vertices out of the triangle cell data, but
this really ought to be working properly.  I have a feeling this could be
due to the fact that i'm reading from different file formats such as .g,
.vtk.  I've seen other threads about this issue, but most people there
seem to be getting their primitives from vtkSphereSource or whatnot.
 	Has anyone come across a similar issue?  Am i stupid and is the
data really there?

Thanks,
Eugene Kim