[vtkusers] vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction

Markus Losacker m.losacker at fz-juelich.de
Fri Dec 9 03:44:24 EST 2005

Hi All,

I want to use vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction to create a mesh in
MITK. First I wrote my seed points into vtkpoints called
meshPts

 mitk::PointSet::DataType::PointsContainerPointer points =
m_SeedPoints->GetPointSet()->GetPoints();
 mitk::PointSet::DataType::PointsContainerIterator pointIt =
points->Begin();
 mitk::PointSet::DataType::PointsContainerIterator pointEnd =
points->End();

 //just counts
 for(pointIt = points->Begin();pointIt!=pointEnd;++pointIt)
 {
   i++;
 }

 typedef mitk::PointSet::PointType PointType;
 PointType pp;
 int index;

  meshPts->SetNumberOfPoints( i );

  for (pointIt = points->Begin();pointIt!=pointEnd;pointIt++)
  {
  pp = pointIt.Value();
  index = pointIt.Index();
  double v[3];
  v[0] = pp[0];
  v[1] = pp[1];
  v[2] = pp[2];
  meshPts->SetPoint( index, v[1], v[2], v[3] );

For the next step I write the vtkPoints meshPts in a vtkPolydata called
inputMesh

 inputMesh->SetPoints( meshPts );

Now I use the PowerCrust-Algorithm

  // Use PowerCrust
  vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction* surf =
vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction::New();
  surf->SetInput(inputMesh);

  // Show mesh
  surf->Update();
  outputMesh = surf->GetOutput();

outputMesh is another Vtk Polydata...

My Problem is that output Mesh is empty!!!

I testet it by

  ver = outputMesh->GetNumberOfVerts();
  lin = outputMesh->GetNumberOfLines();

and by writing outputMesh in another vtkpoints called testPnts an call

 testPts = outputMesh->GetPoints();

The  Value  of test Pts  is  0!

Has anybody an Idea why vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction doesn´t work?

bye

Markus