[vtkusers] vtkActorColor and Background color Problems

Bruno da Silva de Oliveira bruno at esss.com.br
Wed Dec 7 07:33:33 EST 2005

Hi Mike,

Mike Jackson wrote:

> <snip code>
> -(IBAction) updateParticleColor:(id)sender
> {
>    //rowIndex is the index into the color table.
>       colorTable->SetTableValue(rowIndex, (double)[color
> redComponent], (double)[color greenComponent],
>            (double)[color blueComponent], 1.0  );
>     [vtkView getInteractor]->GetInteractorStyle()->GetInteractor()-
> >Render();
> }
>
> When the above method gets called, the actor color is set, but also
> the renderer background color, same as if I had called
> _renderer->SetBackground( 0.9568, 1.0, 0.7843);
>
> Is there something I am missing about using the lookup table?

A quick glance at your code doesn't show any problems. AFAIK the lookup
table is not related to the background color of the renderer. Perhaps
the problem is in another part of your code?

Setting the looktable's values to a known color (as opposed sa setting
random colors as you're doing) also sets the background color to that
known color?

Regards,

--
Bruno da Silva de Oliveira
bruno at esss.com.br
ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software
http://www.esss.com.br