[vtkusers] Picking a glyph generated by vtkGlyph3D

Roger Blum roger_blum at swissonline.ch
Tue Dec 6 19:55:10 EST 2005

Hi,

I am displaying a couple of different kinds of 3D glyphs with the vtkGlyph3D
filter in Tcl/Tk. I would like to be able to pick one of these glyphs with
the mouse and get some information about it.

Pressing the key 'P' does by default a pick, but it picks the actor (all
glyphs together) and draws a red bounding box around all my glyphs.
I would like to have only one glyph highlighted and know, which glyph has
been picked.

I have managed to do a pick with the mouse (based on example
annotatepick.tcl), but it doesn't give me any useful information. I 've
experimented with different kind of pickers (point picker, cell picker, prop
picker).

Can this be done at all?

Thanks,
Roger