[vtkusers] How to run Medical Examples

Ziad Rahhal ziz79 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 04:31:03 EST 2005

Hi Ana,

vtkVolume16Reader *v16 = vtkVolume16Reader::New();
    v16->SetDataDimensions (64,64);
    v16->SetImageRange (1,93);
    v16->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();

    // Here you need to pass the path of your DataSet
"headsq"
    v16->SetFilePrefix (argv[1]); // Through command
line

    v16->SetDataSpacing (3.2, 3.2, 1.5);

In (v16->SetFilePrefix (argv[1]);) If you don't want
to pass the path of your dataset as an argument in the
command line then take off argv[1] and replace it with
the path where you have your medical dataset.
In my case it is:

v16->SetFilePrefix("c:\VTKData\Data\headsq\quarter");
(Under Windows)

The headsq folder contains 93 slices with a prefix
"quarter" and a postfix the number of the slice, like
quarter.1, quarter.2, etc. You must have this "headsq"
folder in your VTKData.

Regards,

Ziad