[vtkusers] vtkDelaunay2D -- Restoring Z coordinate & point scalar value?

Stewart Dickson Stewart.Dickson at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 1 16:00:37 EST 2005

Greetings,

I have a dataset consisting of unstructured point-scalar data,
which should be organized spatially as around five coaxial cones
axis=Z.

I pass the points into vtkDelaunay2D.  Although the class
documentation states:
Thus the triangulation is constructed in the x-y plane, and the z
coordinate is ignored (although carried through to the output).
you can specify a transform to the Delaunay2D directly. In the latter
case, the input points are transformed, the transformed points are
triangulated, and the output will use the triangulated topology for the
original (non-transformed) points.
 what I get out is compressed into the X-Y plane.

Does anyone know how to get Delaunay2D to preserve the Z coordinate,
as advertized?  -- Or how to restore the Z cooordinate to the mesh?

Also, Delaunay2D seems to be losing the points' scalar value as well --
as, when I apply a lookup table to the dataSetMapper, I am getting a
monochrome mesh.

Thanks,

-Stewart Dickson, Principal Scientific Subject Matter Expert, Visualization
NOAA National Climatic Data Center