[vtkusers] creating pdf of a VTK view in objective-c

Olivier Fedrigo ofedrigo at duke.edu
Thu Dec 1 14:15:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I implemented a VTK viewer in objective-c and I try to save the image
as a pdf file. It works well for any NSView but I can't figure out
how to save a VTK view.

here is my code (again it works well for nsview but I get a "blank"
pdf file for the VTK view)

- (IBAction)SavePDF:(id)sender
	{
	NSSavePanel *panel=[NSSavePanel savePanel];
	[panel setRequiredFileType:@"pdf"];
	[panel beginSheetForDirectory:nil file: nil modalForWindow:[NSApp
mainWindow] modalDelegate:self didEndSelector: @selector
(PDF:returnCode:contextInfo:) contextInfo:nil];
	}

-(void)PDF:(NSSavePanel*)sheet returnCode:(int)code contextInfo:
(void*)contextInfo
	{
	if (code==NSOKButton)
			{
			NSData* data=[VTK_view dataWithPDFInsideRect:[VTK_view bounds]];
			[data writeToFile:[sheet filename]atomically:YES];
			}
	}

thanks a lot,

Olivier