[vtkusers] CMake Cache Value Questions

Tallhamer, Mike Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM
Thu Dec 1 13:00:45 EST 2005

Hello All

I'm new to VTK and am able to compile using CMake and VS 2005 Express.
However, I have a few questions on some of the cache values in CMake. My
VTK_DATA_ROOT is not found and the help only states that it is the directory
with the VTKData.readme file in it. I assume it is used for the testing and
example builds so I would like to rebuild using this but need to know where
to download this information and the .readme file so I can set the cache
value to that path. Secondly I am in fact interested in building the
examples and the testing but when I set the BUILD_EXAMPLES to ON the
VTK_CMAKETEST_EXE cache value is also not found and all the help tells me is
"Path to a Program" (very descriptive and helpful if you ask me). Could one
of you more experience VTK users help out a new comer on how to resolve this
issue so I can build the examples and the testing along with the rest of
VTK.

Regards,

Michael Tallhamer

Medical Physicist

Department of Radiation Oncology

Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers

Mike.Tallhamer at USOncology.com <mailto:Mike.Tallhamer at USOncology.com>

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are
confidential, possibly privileged and intended for the addressee(s)
only.  Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise
use this message.  If received in error, please immediately inform the
sender and then delete this message without disclosing its contents to
anyone.